Volunteering with JFS
You can find more information about these volunteer opportunities by clicking the links and looking below.
Family Mentor Program
Male and female volunteers are needed to be matched with families or seniors requesting in home support and intervention. Volunteers are provided with orientation, training and ongoing supervision by JFS social work staff.
Training sessions are 3 hours long and are scheduled over 3 consecutive weeks. Both daytime and evening trainings are offered at various times throughout the year. Contact Jeanne Lankin, LCSW (extension 117 or Jennifer Torres (extension 124) for more information or call 908.725.7799.
Senior Friendly Home Visitor Program
- Visit home-bound older persons in their place of residence: home, assisted living, or nursing home
- Represent your caring spirit to the community
- Visit individually, with friends, or as a family
- Give as little or as much time as you can
- An opportunity for learning creative, meaningful ways of interacting with older persons through training and ongoing group and individual support and supervision
For more information, including dates for orientation and training, please contact Jeanne Lankin, LCSW at 908.725.7799, extension 117.
We also need volunteers to help with…:
- Picking up and dropping off Bimah Baskets in the Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren county areas. Mileage reimbursement available.
- Taking pictures at agency events and programs
- Assisting in event planning
- Presenting to the Job Seekers Support Group
- Presenting to Café Europa
If you would like to discuss these or other volunteer opportunities, please contact JFS at 908.725.7799 or visit Volunteer Match.