Building Our Future
JFS' successful programmatic growth now requires JFS to expand its office space to accommodate the organization's current success, and to pave the way for future growth, so JFS can better meet the needs of the community.
Raised So Far: $130,213
Meeting Community Needs
Since 2008, JFS has experienced an increased demand for its long-standing programs that include mental health counseling, career counseling and family mentoring. During this time, JFS also has evolved from being primarily a counseling agency to a full-service, social service organization that now offers:
- Increased services for seniors — counseling, case management, community linkage, and caregiver support
- Expanded support services for Special Needs children and their families
- An expanded Family Mentoring Program offering trained volunteers to special needs children and frail homebound seniors in addition to families at risk
- Programs that meet the spiritual needs of unaffiliated Jews living in the tri-county area, having merged with Ohr Tikvah Jewish Healing Center
- Expanded Career Services including AmeriCorps, a national service program, providing volunteers throughout the community
- NJ Shares, a utility assistance program assisting individuals and families in financial distress.
- Jewish Life Programs that address individual and families issues across the life cycle
Increased Requests for Services
Overall, JFS has experienced a 36% increase in request for services, with the following breakout:
- Betty and Arthur Roswell Family Counseling Center — 25% increase
- Career Services (including AmeriCorps) — 20% increase
- Family Mentoring Program — 27% increase
- Senior Services — 55% increase
Building Our Future Capital Campaign
JFS has launched a capital campaign to raise funds to build out its current office space on West High Street in Somerville, NJ, and ensure that the physical space accommodates the growing need for services.
With a successful expansion JFS will be better able to provide counseling to children and their families, increase the volunteer program, accommodate staff working with seniors in the community and provide a more comfortable and therapeutic environment for consumers of agency services.
JFS seeks partners to invest in JFS' future and contribute to the campaign. JFS has secured a financial commitment from Somerset County through the Community Development Block Grant Program totaling $37,500, and seeks an additional $150,000 from community partners.